Who we are
We are patriotic citizens who love our country and our Canadian way of life. We are concerned citizens who have dedicated ourselves to speaking out about the clear and present dangers emerging from those who do not embrace Canada's values along with the threat of homegrown terrorism. We wish to rouse our fellow Canadians to action, bringing pressure to bear on our government to do more to protect and preserve our long-held Canadian values, our hard-won freedoms and a legal system that maintains one law and one law only for all citizens.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile -hoping it will eat him last."(Winston Churchill)
Why are we doing it?
We wish to defend our Country by speaking out in defense of our democratic values, our security and our liberty against the rise of Islamism.
It is important to understand and maintain the distinction between Islam as a personal faith of a large part of humankind and Islamism as a political ideology that presents itself as a religion to confuse and intimidate Muslims and non-Muslims alike. A failure to understand this and maintain the distinction is the strategic reason since 9/11 why the West is failing to confront this threat globally. If we are not strategically focused in defining and defeating the enemies of freedom, then this ideology will succeed in the West by fatally undermining liberal democracy.
Some of the most vocal advocates sounding the alarm against the rising tide of Islamism are liberal Muslims. We honour them for their courage and vow to stand alongside them in defense of freedom and democracy, at home and around the world.
If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter" (George Washington)
It is the mission of ACT! For Canada, through informed and organized grassroots civic action, to promote and secure public policies that protect Canada's national security and defend Canadian democratic values. We inform our members through weekly Newsletters, meetings, conferences and providing lectures with highly renowned speakers such as Robert Spencer, Stephen Coughlin, Clare Lopez, Paul Weston, Bruce Bawer, Jamie Glazov and Dr. Jordan Peterson. We are dedicated to this mission.
- To increase our membership as we believe that there is strength in numbers, which makes us more powerful as activists.
- To educate our citizens about the threats to our way of life.
- To raise awareness of the dangers of complacency.
- To expand our network and reach younger generations through the use of social media.
We have organized conferences featuring noted speakers:
- Dr. Jordan Peterson, argues that to use pronouns dictated by others is "compelled speech," and spoke on post-modernism, Marxism, and political correctness
- Trevor Loudon, a celebrated author, filmmaker and political commentator from New Zealand has been researching the radical left for more than 30 years and is the foremost expert on left-wing organizers of mass protests
- David Harris, former Director of Strategic Planning, CSIS
- Barbara Kay, noted journalist with the National Post
- Philippe Karsenty from France speaking on the blood libel Mohammed Al-Dura incident
- Julie Taub, Ottawa immigration lawyer and member of the Immigration Board of Canada
- David Solway, well-known author, poet and journalist
- Dr. Alex Wilner, respected researcher in Global Terrorism
- Mathieu Bock-Cote, a lecturer, an author, a columnist and a TV commentator
- Bruce Bawer, journalist and well known author
- Hege Storhaug, journalist, author and director of Human Rights Services in Oslo, Norway
- Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff, an Austrian convicted for hate speech for denigrating Islam
- Dr. Salim Mansur, professor & author of Multiculturalism: a delectable lie"
- Gavin Boby, Law & Freedom Foundation, U.K; author of "Easy Meat" exposing the rape gang scandal and advisor on halting Mosque applications
- Clare Lopez, a strategic policy and intelligence expert; formerly a career operations officer with the C.I.A.
- Tiffany Gabbay, writer and expert in Middle East affairs
- Raheel Raza, author, documentary film maker , public speaker and one of the actors in the documentary "Honor Diaries"
- Jamie Glazov, Editor of FrontPage Magazine and host of the Glazov Gang, Jamie is one of the most important voices defending freedom in the world today
- Stephen C. Coughlin, an attorney, decorated intelligence officer and noted specialist on Islamic law, ideology and associated issues as they relate to terrorism and subversion
- Julie Taub, an Immigration and Refugee lawyer practicing in Ottawa who has more than 15 years of experience in Canadian Immigration Law and speaks on the refugee crisis
- Deborah Weiss, an expert in the "Defamation of Religions", UN resolutions, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and CAIR
We have established contacts with many notable journalists and writers, including Steve Emerson, Daniel Pipes, Erick Stakelbeck, Dr. Jamie Glazov, Dr. Whalid Phares, Khaled Abu Toameh, Dr. Rachel Ehrenfeld, Phyllis Chesler, Melanie Phillips, Barbara Kay, David Solway and Ezra Levant, along with liberal Muslim activists Salim Mansur, Tarek Fatah, Raheel Raza and Dr. Zuhdi Jasser.
We have purchased advocacy ads in print media in conjunction with Point de Bascule and Tarek Fatah.
Muslims are people who follow Islam. It is the doctrine of Islam, and those Muslims who follow practices prescribed in the Quran, the Hadiths, and the Sira that is a danger to Canada. These religious practices include strict adherence to Sharia law which permits female genital mutilation, allowing husbands to beat their wives, child marriage, "honor killings" and almost no human rights for women and children; all of which are antithetical to our way of life.
In Islamic countries Sharia law is included in the constitution and enforced by the government. The majority of Muslims in Canada do not follow these practices (we hope) as they do in Islamic countries. Many are here to escape Sharia. It is our job to understand the differences and educate all citizens in a winsome, peaceful, and loving manner. We are a nation that welcomes all people who are willing to embrace our laws and assimilate into our society.