Some of The Great Things About Governor Ron DeSantis
Below is a list of the incredible things this governor has done in the background and on the job. I would hate to lose him as a governor but think of the possibilities for our country if he was in charge of the United States. Let's save our country, Constitution, and Democracy!
I recently read an article on the unmaking of our military. This prompted me to write about the current Governor of Florida, Ronald DeSantis qualifications.
Apparently, Army officers and infantrymen are leaving due to the pressure of Critical Race Theory being pushed down their throats. This has happened with the United Air Force Academy and some of our key Air Force Military fliers.
Also, the United States Space Academy Matthew Lohmeier who was a lieutenant colonel in command of space-based missiles transferred to the Space Cadets. He has two master's degrees--one in military operation art/science, and a Master of Philosophy in military strategy. He could no longer deal with the Marxist and Critical Race Theory being pushed on the space cadets and US Air Force Academy. He has a book out titled Irresistible Revolution.
Governor of Florida, Ronald DeSantis qualifications.
- Worked his way through Yale University and graduated with honors plus captain of varsity baseball team.
- Graduated from Harvard Law School while earning a commission in the US Navy as JAG Officer.
- Supported operations at the terrorist detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
- Deployed to Iraq as an adviser to US Navy Seal commander in support of Fallujah, Ramadi plus the rest of Al Anbar Province.
- Military decorations include the Bronze Star Medal for meritorious service and the Iraq Campaign Medal.
- After active-duty service, Ron DeSantis served as a Federal Prosecutor, where he targeted and convicted child predators.
- He still serves in the U.S. Navy Reserve.
- Elected to Congress in 2012, as US Representative for Florida's 6th District where he fought for term limits, No Budget/No Pay Act, to but taxes.
- While in Congress he refused his Congressional pension and health insurance-because he is against special deals for politicians.
- Sponsored legislation to make it easier for the military to prosecute sexual assault.
- Authored the bill to end the secret taxpayer-funded slush fund for members of Congress to make hush payoffs for sexual harassment.
- Historic Investments in Florida's Education System: highest per-pupil spending per student plus highest ever K-12 public school funding.
- Pay Raises for Florida Teachers-500 million to raise teachers' salaries plus teacher bonuses and professional development in computer science.
- Expansion of school choice options for students.
- Elimination of Common Core from Florida's classrooms and replaced it with Florida's B.E.S.T. Standards (Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking).
- Flexibility for families and educators during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Created the Florida Civics and Debate Initiative (FCDD) through a partnership between Florida Dept. of Education and The Marcus Foundation to elevate civic knowledge.
- Maintained Florida's higher education system standing in national rankings.
- Secured $625 million for protecting and restoring Florida's Environmental Resources.
- Supporting Floridians through mental health/substance abuse initiatives.
- Three-year grant to Gadsden County for a new Criminal Justice Diversion Project by First Lady Casey DeSantis.
- Governor and first lady awarded $5 million to create a new pilot program supporting communities: Fostering Opioid Recovery through Workforce Develop.
- Made 61 judicial appointments across various courts throughout the state including women and racial minorities.
- Championed and signed Senate Bill 1326 the Department of Children/Families Accountability Act within Florida's child welfare system.
- Led the charge to initiate, and eventually signed, legislation removing Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence from Florida Statutes following exposure to egregious corruption and spending practices.
- Pioneered efforts to lower the high cost of prescription drugs for Floridians through the U.S. Department of Health/Human Services-still waiting for cooperation which we all know who holds things up for Florida.
I think I could go on and on, but you must get the idea of the incredible things this governor has done in the background and on the job. We all should know of his battle to stop planes dropping off illegals in the middle of the night at airports all over the country.
I would hate to lose him as a governor but think of the possibilities for our country if he was in charge of the United States. Let's save our country, Constitution, and Democracy!
Virginia Merchant, Ph.D.
July 26, 2022